GDP Global has delivered over 260 international training programmes
‘..the most inclusive and up-to-date personal development programme available today in investment promotion..’
Register now for an in-house workshop for 2016
You and your team can draw on the experience of GDP Global and The European Academy. Our consultants and associates work extensively in the global marketplace. Let us bring you up to date on the trends and events that are shaping the world of foreign investment.
If your agency is considering training plans and strategy development for 2016 and beyond, contact us to see how we can help.
Variety of in-house training workshops
- Workshops for new recruits providing a grounding on the current FDI climate and all about investment promotion
- Refresher workshops for experienced professionals to ensure they are in line with current developments and to avoid complacency
- Workshops on Best Practice based on our experience in benchmarking competitiveness and agencies
- Operationally focused workshops for project managers
- Workshops with a strategic and policy focus for senior executives
- Multiple stakeholder workshops to strengthen
- Strategic and organisational reviews for management and boards
- FDI in economic diplomacy for Ambassadors and Councillors
- Induction in FDI to Board of Directors and Ministries
- Coaching programmes for executives new to FDI and investment promotion
In-house workshops are fully customised to meet your needs
- You choose the duration of the training (from 1 to 5 days or more)
- We can integrate other consulting tools into the programme to deliver the strongest results for your agency
What GDP Global in-house workshops involve
- GDP Global has conducted almost 60 development programmes in London, throughout Europe, Latin America, South Africa, Middle East, North Africa and Australasia.
- Cost effective – GDP Global support in internal in-house workshops is highly cost effective.
- We provide a combination of inputs that meet your needs.
- There is no wasted time and no unnecessary elaboration. We provide the consultancy input that will make the difference.
- Our clients typically use 1-5 days of consulting input.
- Our training and development contributions range from strategy and policy, through global and local investment matters, to practical and operational instruction for teams and individuals.
- We also develop and provide the tools necessary to undertake effective investment promotion.
- Team building is and integrated part of our in-house programmes.
Recent IPA in-house workshops run by GDP Global
August 2014, Trade & Investment KwaZulu-Natal South Africa:
Workshop focused on new investment promotion strategies and programmes.
December 2013, Invest Hong Kong:
One-day intensive investment promotion training – best practices in sales networking, and the effective use of exhibitions, trade shows and conferences, own organised seminars.
December 2013, Securing investment, Turkey:
Invest in Turkey, the national agency of Turkey of the Prime Minister’s office (ISPAT). Training 68 staff members in Investment promotion.
November 2013, Serbia Investment Promotion Agency SIEPA, Serbia:
Three day investment promotion training programme in Belgrade.
Ecuador workshop in investment promotion best practices for ProEcuador, Ministry of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Industry, and Special Economic Zones authority.
October 2013, Mexico:
Investment promotion workshop presentations in best practice strategies for the Mexican states of Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara, Mexico D.F, State of Mexico and ProMexico.
August 2013, Skåne, Southern Sweden:
E-marketing and best practices workshop for the Invest in Skåne, Southern Sweden IPA, coupled with GDP KnowHow online learning for all staff members.
April 2013, Pretoria, South Africa:
Two-week economic promotion, investment, trade and economic diplomacy programme for officials of the South Africa Department of Trade and Industry (The dti), and Department of international Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO).
October 2012, Namibia: High Commission of Namibia to the UK – capacity building programme for trade and investment in the role of economic diplomacy for High Commissioner and team.
September 2012, Western Region Development Council: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates:
Securing Investment for Abu Dhabi and its Western Region.
June 2012, Botswana Investment and Trade Centre – BITC, Gaborone, Botswana:
A two day induction programme delivered to the newly appointed Board of Directors of BITC.
April 2012, Invest in Guatemala, Ministry of Economy Guatemala:
Internal strategic development workshop for the management group regarding institutional strengthening, stakeholders relations.
May 2012, Australian Trade Commission Austrade, Adelaide, Australia:
Four day Winning Investment for Australia 2012 Program (WIA – phase 3).
March 2012, London School of Economics, London:
5th Annual Local Economic Development (LED) Forum – FDI best practice workshop for the LSE Local Economic Development (LED) MSc programme on “Prospects and Constraints for LED”, with a specific focus on the world economic crisis.
December 2011, Invest North West (INW) of South Africa, Rustenburg, North West Province:
A specially tailored three day investment promotion training programme focused on strategy creation and development for the Board of Directors, key provincial stakeholders and entire staff of the INW agency.
November 2011, Kuwait Foreign Investment Board (KFIB), Kuwait:
A specially tailored three day investment promotion programme on the theme “presenting Kuwait to Investors” conducted to a select group of staff of the KFIB.
November 2011, Trade & Investment KwaZulu-Natal South Africa:
Workshop focused on new investment promotion strategies and programmes.
October 2011, Three day Winning Investment for KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa:
Commissioned by Trade & Investment KwaZulu-Natal TIKZN. Training provided at provincial, city and industrial zone levels for investment promotion representatives, in all aspects of investment promotion
October 2011, Austrade, Australian Trade Commission, Melbourne, Australia:
Winning Investment for Australia – WIA 02 – a 4 day investment promotion training programme in Melbourne for AUSTRADE offshore and onshore staff, trade and investment commissioners from overseas missions, and staff from Australian State and Territory agencies. This is part of a 2-year capacity building programme for Austrade delivered in partnership with SGS Economics and Planning.
June 2011, Austrade, Australian Trade Commission, Sydney, Australia:
Winning Investment for Australia – WIA 01 – a 4 day training programme in Sydney for AUSTRADE corporate headquarter staff, trade and investment commissioners from overseas missions, and staff from Australian State and Territory agencies as well as cities/municipalities aiming at attracting FDI.
June 2011, VIP Vojvidina Investment Promotion, Serbia:
Internal workshop focused on training, annual planning and strategy formation, and international best practices.
April 2011, IDAL Investment Development Authority of Lebanon, Beirut, Lebanon:
Internal workshop focused on training, annual planning and strategy formation.
April 2011, Wesgro, Cape Town, South Africa:
Internal workshop focused on annual planning and strategy formation for the investment promotion team of the agency of the Western Cape.
February 2011, IPEX – Invest in Castilla La Mancha, Toledo, Spain:
Website benchmarking, diagnosis and recommendations for e-communications and website development.
December 2010, IPEX – Instituto de Promoción Exterior – Invest in Castilla La Mancha, Toledo Spain:
One day intensive capacity building programme for the 24 staff of the trade and investment agency at their headquarters in Toledo, including the international team based abroad.
November 2010, Austrade, Australia:
Workshop focused on new investment promotion strategies.
November 2010, Auckland Region, New Zealand:
Two workshops focused on new agency stricture, strategy, stakeholder relationships and performance benchmarking.
November 2010, Ministry of Trade and Industry of Panama:
Investment Promotion Capacity Development programme, aimed at the staff of the newly created agency Invest in Panama “Promocion de Inversion y Exportacion” (PROINVEX), and staff from VICOMEX, the Panama foreign trade ministry.
September 2010, Uruguay XXI, Montevideo, Uruguay:
A three day capacity building programme for the national Trade and Investment Agency Uruguay XXI – attendance from the Ministry of Planning and Budget, Departmental authorities, Free Zones and Trade Chambers of Uruguay.